Not quite winter and not quite spring. We find ourselves drifting between seasons, guided by warm, lush soundtracks, luring us back outdoors. April’s free music collection is full of albums, eps and mixes that set the scene for crisp evenings and warmer days to come.
Something new this month: I’ve begun including albums that are offered up with the option to Name Your Price ($). These artists are kind enough to share their music with you regardless of your financial situation so I encourage you to pay what you can to help support the music you love. They put more into their music than most of us can imagine. If you want them to be able to continue, show them some love, however you can. The Name Your Price albums are denoted by a $.
I’ll often post links as they are discovered on twitter @thinkorsmile if you’d like to be in the loop more than once a month. Or you can follow my twitter list of music bloggers who are doing the dirty work of digging these artists up. Follow them and say hello. Happy exploring.
Think or Smile | Free Music Collection: April 2011
- Pressed And/It is Rain in my Face – Post-Ad for Sync – softly transforming psychic journey. $
- Horse Head – Hh – experimental tropical psych pop. $
- Sean Nicholas Savage – Trippple Midnight Karma – lo-fi love/pop/funk/sex/disco. you need this. $
- Birkwin Jersey – Sleep – warm folk inspired sound collages.
- Michael Parallax - Vicious People EP – moody atmospheres layered into charming folkpop. $
- It is rain in my face - Small Prayer – existential electronic wanderer picks up a guitar.
- Clltrlsndtrck - Collage – sound collages made up of beats, jazzanova and found mexican radio clips.
- Magicrpm – C44 – collection of experimental pop covers.
- unouomedude - Frequency 7″ – two tracks to helps bring in spring.
- steffaloo - meet me in montauk – emotionally homemade uke pop. $
- Blackbird Blackbird – Halo LP – new, old and unreleased chill pop. with appearances by lovelies, Steffaloo, Rachel Levy and Emily Reo. $
- Science Fiction Fantasy - Steepening the Slope – sci-fi pop ambient.
- howse - undizputed – building atmospheres and collaged beats.
- Gem Drops compilation – experimental electronic hip-hop-inspired future-sound. proceeds go to support cancer research. $
- Emay – Incorruptible – eclectic Canadian hip hop. $
- Jacob 2-2 - Cabazon EP – Com Truise-esque 80′s electro synthpop.
- Yalls - Rerepeater EP – short journey into basement space funk.
- WALSH - KARAOKE – heavy synth jams. $
- Headaches + Foxes In Fiction – untitled – beautifully ambient swelling drone.
- Low Light Mixes – Venice – a collection of ambient “sound tales” dedicated to Venice.
- Heathered Pearls Mix for ISO50 – Dreamfuzz / VHS Quality / Water Hypnotization / Space Synth.
- Landon Speers - augment – building a wall of sound with sampled live accordion.
FRESH AIR was a late-night radio program which aired on WKSU (Kent State University) during the seventies and eighties. Archives of broadcasts. Hard to explain… Just explore.
Support good music.
No comments yet,
Share your thoughts
Think or Smile | Nathaniel Whitcomb © 2011